CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

MY NEW HOME?

I have wanted a travel trailer for a very long time. When Tricia and I KNOW we were close to a bear encounter, I decided I couldn't camp in a tent , anymore. Thus, the trailer.

I saved for a couple of years, to put money down and then I looked and looked. I researched. I had several factors that I needed to consider. The most important one was if my Toyota Tacoma (cute truck) could pull one. Of course it had to look good behind my truck. Can I afford the payment? Can I figure out how to hook everything up and make it work?

What if Trish and I want to go somewhere, really cool, again, and need a place to sleep? It needed to big big enough to sleep a few people and small enough to pull. Bob is claustophic and so he needed a roomy place to sleep.

So after searching and searching I found the one I loved. We took it on a maiden voyage, to our favorite place, Panquitch. We couldn't find a camp spot near the lake so we went to our new favorite place " White Bridge" campground. It was beautiful. The camp spots are right near a river. So quiet and peaceful. I loved it. We fixed dinner on our new stove and used our new microwave! We took our showers in our new bathroom. I got my lap top out and watched The Bucket List until we both fell asleep. Magical. We woke up early and had a fine breakfast in my trailer kitchen. Cleaned everything up then went fishing.

Hooking up the truck to the trailer was pretty easy. I love my new home! Lets go again!

P.S. Notice the sign "BEAR COUNTRY" No worries here

6 comments:

The Painters said...

OK! OK! I have to ask, (and maybe this is my smart ass chesnik side) however didnt you just explain that you spent the night in a mobile hotel? Im just saying isnt camping suppose to be rough and one with nature, I dont remember getting to use microwaves, showers, and laptops when we were younger, WHATS UP WITH THAT? I love you and Im happy that you bought yourself the mobile hotel to take with you on your rough camping trips. LOL

Susan said...

Yeah, but I am old and I need all the comforts of home :)

The Painters said...

Nah your not old your young at heart and thats all that matters, Im just jealous cause as much as I love for my kids to rough it when were camping I do not look forward to those early morning hip and back aches. LOL luv ya

Anonymous said...

K so now that you have it... take me!! I am ready to go on another adventure. Bear free that is! :) I know work is crazy right now, but when you get a minute we need to go as soon as possible!! Love Ya

Kristi said...

Hey I left a comment a few days ago, and it did not save!! HOwever, I said, I want to go on the next trip!! So the next time you gals head out, Call me!! I will bring the PARTY!!! LOve Ya!!

Kristi said...

I would so love a girls trip!! You better call me For Sure!!