K everyone I have a big decision to make. I have been offered a job in St. George by my brother to work for his company. I would be the receptionist/dispatcher for their techs. (Now remember everyone, I have wanted to go to St. George for some time now) I would get a $2.50 an hour raise from what I make now, and after 90 days I would get another .50 cent increase. (by the way, this is great pay!) Then, my brother's neighbor rents out the upstairs of their garage. (it's a studio apartment) I would be living in Hurricane if I took this option up. It is $550 a month and includes utilities and high speed internet!! Awesome, considering I have to have internet for school! The crazy thing is, the girl that is living in that apartment just got engaged and is moving out at the end of August. I plan on leaving at the end of September. What are the odds??? So, here is my hang up... Matt. A while back it was no big deal to leave because it just seemed Matt and I would never move on in our relationship. I really love to be with him and he is my best friend. Now, it's just harder because of that reason. We fit together really well, we know everything about one another, we have the most fun together, we look at life the same way, we have the same morals and values, but Matt owns his home here, and he doesn't want to leave Cedar. If I ever finish school I can't do Interior Design here. SO...now my life is all mixed up. So... if any of you have advice PLEASE leave a comment and let me know your opinion. I have to let my brother know if I accept the job by next week!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
OH JEEZ!!!!!! Thats a hard one!! Have you and Matty Boy discussed the issue at hand? (duh im sure you have) Well I think if Marriage is not in your plans, (the plans of both of you) then I say go for it, its really not that far away, and its a great Opportunity!! But I may not be the best one to follow advice from, I just know that because I chose to stay with a certain someone, we wont name names, but I missed out on a lot! And I didn't even end up with him, i just wasted time and miss out on so much! So thats my only thing, if you want to move, then you should!! For Sure!! But, If you want your relationship to move forward then its time steps need to be taken!! LOL he he I love you, and I think that what ever you decide will be good for YOU!!! Keep me informed!! Love Ya
Sis, This is going to be one of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make. You need to do what you feel is right in your heart. If I have learned anything from my life is if your constantly making everyone else ok and happy and not worry about you, you will lose yourself. Trish you have had a goal to get to st george for a long time and I am all about what the signs are telling you and everything in my view is telling you to go to st george, how ironic that Justin offers you a job and a affordable apt opens up as well. Hurricane is not that far from Matt. If he really truley loves you and and is not ready to settle down right now you need to go and finish accomplishing your goals and he will understand. If you are off weekends you can spend them with Matt. Love always finds a way and if you and Matt are meant to be together it will work out. I think you should take that job. Funny thing is Justin was my way out of Cedar too in SLC and it was the best decision I ever made. I love you sis any decision you make will be supported 100% Just do what YOU want not what everyone else wants you to.
Trish, I love Matt, Dearly, but your happiness if more important than anything!It is weird how things are falling into place. (Just as you prayed for) Matt may or may not want to move but he will never know if you make things too easy for him. He needs to find out for himself what he will lose. I know you are worried that you may lose him too. But remember along time ago, when you waited until things were what you thought were perfect and you got hurt, badly? It is hard to give advice when it could be wrong. Go with your heart. Your intinct has always been right. Trust that intuition that God gave you. I love you Babe.
First of all, I am so glad we got to do dinner! I am glad that we still make time for it every once in a while! Secondly,It is crazy how these things come up isn't it? I know you have been praying for answers but from my experience, I never get a definite feeling that I should do something, I just get a horrible feeling if I shouldn't. Another thing that always helps me is making a pros and cons list. Sounds ridiculous I know, but it really has helped me with putting the things that are most important into perspective. Anyway, what ever you decide, just make sure that you will be happy! Love ya Trish! I hope it all works out for you!
Trish-
Hey girl! I linked to you from Steph's blog (ya I am guilty of blogstocking ha ha) but what a cute little boyfriend that you have. I love blogging it totally keeps people in touch. My blog is privat but if you want a link then email me middleguy@hotmail.com (ya still the same tacky email from hs I am just too lazy to change it) About the advice...I think that the advice that everyone has given above is perfect! I think that things ALWAYS happen for a reason. Go with your heart. Either way- keep us posted! You are such a cute girl and you totally deserve the best...
I think some powerful advice from Nike fits perfectly here:
"Just do it!"
Trish, I have seen you battle with this decision almost the whole time I have known you, and I have seen how badly you want to move to St. George. I have also seen how you and Matt fit so well together and how you both enjoy the time you share. I'm not the best example of a person who can leave people she loves to get what she wants (heck, look how long I was in Cedar for Brett!) But, I know that before you can be satisfied in a relationship, you have to be happy with yourself, and feel like you are where you want to be. I am a big believer in Fate, and I don't think there are coincidences. No one thought Brett would really make it up here, including me. He kept stalling, and I was worried he would never commit to it. But he's here! And if a little Milford boy can do it, Matt can too. Hurricane is really not that far from Cedar. I know that gas prices and burnout at the end of the work day might take their toll, but if you two really love each other, I know you will make it work. And maybe all that time in St. George with you will make Matt realize how amazing it is there! Girl, you just have a WHOLE lot of potential, and I would hate to see you lose it over a guy. Even a great one. If this is what you are meant to do, things will fall into place and work out. :-)
Well, there is my two cents. I miss you! Keep me posted on what you decide ok? Love ya!
Post a Comment