CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moab, Canyonlands, Camping, and Lots more fun!

So, once again Matt and I have had a couple more eventful weekends. Two weekends ago we went to Moab and Canyonlands. Matt has never been there before. I have been but I haven't been back in a couple of years. Since we hike Zion all of the time I thought it was time for different scenery!

Our first hike was the Delicate Arch. It was pretty cool. It was fun to see because Matt has always wanted to see it. We hiked all the way down under it, and it's crazy how that thing stands all alone.
We hiked Broken Arch and Sand Dune Arch. The picture above is Sand Dune Arch. It was pretty cool. We hiked in a narrow canyon, completely in the sand. When we got to the middle of the path it opened up to this arch. It was pretty cool. Matt couldn't decide which one he wanted to do first.
This is... as the sign says... Pine Tree Arch. This one was actually one of my favs. It was shaded and tucked away in a shady cove. We had a good rest just on the other side of the arch.
This is Landscape Arch. It is the thinnest in the park. It was cool to see, but hiking to it was so friggen hot! We about died of heat. Pretty day though.
Notice anything in this picture? We thought it was so cool that 2 cloud airplanes decided to grace us with their presence as we hiked out of Landscape Arch. Seriously, how cool is that? We thought so. :)

This arch is the Double Arch. Pretty cool huh?! This was actually another one of my Favs. It was all swirly and dark red. It is so cool how nature works. I love the outdoors! I spend as much free time as I can outside... as if you can't tell! We hiked many others but I already have picture overload today so I'm trying to give you my favorites. This bridge was way cool too. It was right as you go into Moab. It crosses the Colorado River. It is a new bridge. They just built it in May. We went on top and took some cool pictures. The best part of all was our campsite was right next to the River about 5 miles from this bridge. It was probably the coolest places I've ever camped.
Here is a cool view from the bridge. The bridge you see in the picture is the bridge you drive across going into Moab. Then there is us... just chillin at our cool campsite. Just to my right is the River. It was so peaceful there. Aside from being hotter than Heck and humid from the storm brewin that night... it was very relaxing. We enjoyed it.

The first picture is at Dead Horse Point. Matt has never been there either, but he had heard about it. It was pretty cool being the one to take him over there. He now says he feels smart cause he knows the story behind it. The next picture is called "Upheaval Dome." It was a pretty cool hike. Scientists still debate how this formed. They say it was either a meteor or salt from the ancient sea evaporating. Who knows.. that scientific stuff is nuts but it's pretty cool to see! The rest of these pictures are Canyonlands at different look off points. We had a really good weekend. We left Friday right after work and came home Sunday evening. We fit all of this in. We were tired by the time we got home, but it was well worth it!
ON A DIFFERENT NOTE... WE HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY!
My weekends all run together these days, but the weekend before our Moab trip we went up Cedar mountain at 5:30 am to look for Elk. We only saw three cow elk, and a ton of Bucks but no Bull Elk. It was fun anyway but we were pooped! We came back to Cedar and took a much needed nap. After our nap I asked Matt what he wanted to do for the rest of the day. We ended up going to Sand Hollow.


That cool sand castle was not our wonderful talents, but some other guy that was leaving when we arrived had built that. Isn't it the coolest?!!! We had a good time just chillin in the sun on the beach. Another place of Favs. :) (all of our friends were at other Lakes, so we figured we would go too.. just by ourselves!) After our Lake trip we drove through Laverkin and Toquerville to see all the huge houses being built. It was fun. We looked at all the mansion styles we WISH we could afford. When we got home it was around 7 pm. Me, being the adventurous soul I am wanted to go camping when we got home. I wanted to go set up our tent up Cedar Mountain. Matt looked at me like ARE YOU KIDDING ME???! I half way was.. but I kinda thought it would be funny seeing how much we could do in just 1 day! We never did go camping. :)
AND FINALLY...
This last weekend we went camping...yet AGAIN, to Beaver mountain with Matt's whole family. It is their family tradition to go to Big John's Flat and camp. We had a good time. We went hiking, fishing, fourwheeling, looking for elk, and ate a ton of food. Good Food! Not good for you food, but good. :) Stupid me forgot the camera. I have no pictures of the pretty place. It was way cool. Matt's family is fun. Anyone who knows the Carters knows how funny they are. It was a good time. Sorry everyone for this LONG blog! I haven't updated in a while cause it takes so freakin long to upload pictures and I've been way busy. So.. if you actually read this entire blog THANKS for listening!

2 comments:

Steph and Hunter said...

Trish! You are always having so much fun! I remember the good old days at Sand Hollow but it has been a LONG while since I was there last. One day we will have to go back with the floaties and catch some sun again... for old time's sake! Anyway, I am glad you are happy and having fun! Lova ya!

Kristi said...

Well Hello agian, yeah you have been busy!! But it looks like so much fun!!! We really need to all 4play!! The fights Saturday are going to be really good!! You guys need to come, I think its at our house, Im not sure, but I think Im right!! But no matter, you need to come!!! And we need to play!! I want to do a lucnch with a group of girls, let me know what ya think!! Love Ya !!! Susan this is for you tooo LOVE YA!!!!