Okay, I have had to make some new adjustments to our blog. For some reason we lost all of our "widgets". whatever they are. Anyway, so with my new blog, we have a new page. If you guys are interested in adding or fixing, please, go for it!
So back to the fishing trip. Bob and I wanted to have a quiet weekend, fishing at Panquitch Lake.
We also wanted to send our little (and I mean little) boat on its maiden voyage. Actually, the boat was Bob's Uncle Lex. When he passed on, he gave it to Bob. We were very nervous about this thing. We filled it with water, at home, to see if water would come out. It didn't. Bob cleaned it up, bought some lights for the trailer, tightened up some bolts and said it was as ready as it could be.
So Saturday afternoon, we headed out. Of course, our lives don't go very easy, so we couldn't leave town until 5:30 PM. That sucked...but I was going to keep a good spirit because I had an overnight trip planned with my sweety, to fish one of the prettiest areas, I know.
It was overcast and windy. (Of course). So we found a camp site and set up our tent. Once that was done we took our cute little boat, trailing from my cute little red truck, and headed for the lake.
As usual, when we got to the lake to launch it, the wind kicked up BAD!!! But we perservered and took her out. It was very flimsy. a bit scary. But we got in anyway. Bob let me row out about 3 yards. hehe! I loved it. You would have had to be there to see this fat old woman, rowing out in the gale winds, and holding her own. What was funny was the wind kept blowing us back to shore. So, to make a long story short, we took the boat out of the water, hoisted back on the trailer and went back to camp. We were both hungry, so we ate our turkey sandwiches and chips and enjoyed our sodas.
So about 9:00 PM, we went back to camp and settled in. Bob pumped up the mattress while I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and cleaned up, for bed. (A girl can't go to bed dirty, right?)
We got into bed. No TV, no radio, no internet and no phone. We were really roughing it. I couldn't sleep so I got out my new phone and played a game that had beeps and clicks. That kept Bob from sleeping.
After a restless night of sleep, ( I kept waiting for the bears to arrive) we got up and tore camp down, had a bowl of cereal, chocolate milk and pop tarts for breakfast.
The morning was incredible. We launched our little boat. Put our fishing gear in and rowed out to the perfect spot to catch the big one! The water was like glass. No wind and it was overcast, so the sun was not hot.
I cast out and with my amazing rainbow cheese, I snagged my big one!! I know you will notice there are no pictures....that is because it got away as I reeled it into the boat. I swear it had to be about 15 inches long. It was so cool. But in my excitement, I forgot to take the *$@# picture.
With our excitment we kept casting and waiting...casting and waiting...again and again. It sucked because we knew we were in the perfect spot and we had success once, it had to happen again, right? Nope.
So as we were getting ready to call it a day, Bob cast out one more time. OMG! his line was hit and hit hard. I swear it was the biggest fish, I have ever seen. It came out of the water and the colors on it were so beautiful. He was HUGE!! Bob kept reeling him closer and closer to the boat. We forgot our net, so he made me grab it. It was a slippery sucker. But being the brave person I am, I stuck my hand in its mouth and hoisted the heavy fish into the boat. We had a measuring stick and measured it 18 inches. A monster!
In our excitment to measure it, to see if we could keep it, I forgot to take its picture. We had to hurry and release it back in the water, because the book says it has to be over 21 inches to keep it.
I swear it was the big one that got away! And of course I don't have my picture to prove it :(
Bob and I still had a blast. We know our liitle boat won't sink. And we will be back to that lake to get our BIG ONE!




3 comments:
OH Freek, I hate that!!! NO camera, or even worse like in this situation, you had it but forgot!! That would have been my luck tooo!! If you would like, we can get together, and I can show you how to change your background without loosing your widgets!! But I do LOVE the New Background!! LOve Ya
Happy Birthday Grandma! LOL you ladies have not posted in a while so I have to comment on the new stuff!!! LOve Ya Chicks!
YEAH! I am so glad that you girls have a blog! I will have to come and visit the two of you at Abbey sometime! It has truly been a while! Anyway, I am way excited for dinner Trish! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment