CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Rain Storms and 4-wheeler rides...



This past Saturday Matt and I went to his Cabin in Strawberry Point. It was such a fun day. We went up mid afternoon and it was a cloudy day. We figured it would probably rain or sprinkle on us, but we had no idea what was in store for us!! When we arrived, we went out to the point behind his cabin. There is a nice little trail that leads up to the look off point where his dad put a bench sitting right on the edge of the canyon. It is a beautiful site. Not long after we sat down huge rain drops started falling. It was so cool! It almost looked like snow. We headed back to the cabin and midway down the trail we started getting hailed on! They were huge ice balls! I swear they came in a second! By the time I got back to the cabin I was pretty wet. We sat on the porch and listened to the thunder, watched the lightening and got pelted by the hail. It was one of the most peaceful, and beautiful sites I've seen in a while. Nothing compares to the smell of the mountains when it rains.



We went for a ride in the truck since it was way too messy for a ride on the 4 wheeler. It was hailing so hard it seemed like the truck would be dented. Matt was hoping it would be so he could get a new paint job. :) Good thinkin Matt... Anywho, after we got back to the cabin the rain had stopped so we went for our nice ride on the 4 wheeler. It was so beautiful to be in nature after the heavy rain. I can't even describe the smell or the feeling I had, but I truely felt blessed to be there at that moment. We went for a long ride and afterwards we made us a delightful dinner. Seriously, it was to die for! (Ok, not that good) but it was good. Ha ha. When it got dark we went spotlighting out by the meadows in hopes of seeing some elk. We never saw any, but we did see quite a few bucks. Pretty cool, might I add. When we were tired and finished we headed back to the cabin for a good night's rest. Thanks Matt for another fun and relaxing weekend! You're the best!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I love that you take these moments to share with others. These precious times are what makes us, who we are. All the things you do, with people you care about, are memories you never want to lose. When I see the pictures of you and Matt, you look so happy. It kind of erases the crap that we have with each other. doesn't it? I love you, sweety, and I am very proud of you.

Kristi said...

Oh fun, It looks really pretty up there, one of these days we will have to go up together!! Ok so we need to play!! For real, I freeking miss you, and since there is no Girls not thus far, I have been deprived!! LOL!! Oh I Tagged you, you just go and copy and paste the tag, then change the answers!! Have fun and Lets PLAY!!!!

The Painters said...

Tricia you are absolutely gorgeous. You and Matt are such a great looking couple. I love that picture of you two standing in the field with the trees. I am so happy for you guys. You guys look like you enjoy eachother very much suck it all in sis cause it makes great memories

Tanya said...

Tricia! Hey I found Kristi's blog and now I am blogstocking and found you! YAY! My blog is private but if you want a link then email me I would love to let you see my cute baby! :) middleguy@hotmail.com
And by the way... You look so cute in those pics!