It has taken me forever to get any new posts on here so this is my attempt at a new one. We went to Maui for our honeymoon and it couldn't have been better! Our wedding was SO much fun! Most of you have probably seen pics on Facebook, but when I get them back from my photographer I will try to post some of those. Our Wedding day was the best day ever! I have heard so many stories of horrible things happening, and I must say, I am one LUCKY girl! I had a perfect day! I loved every minute of it! So, here are some pics from the honeymoon...
That room rocked! We LOOOOVED IT!!! We're definately going back!
Our Hotel's Beach area.
Old school mail boxes! Instead of the usual metal key boxes on the corner, they had this beauty. The neighborhood was amazing! The houses were high on hilltops, and they all had the prettiest landscaped yards.
Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we took our car and went exploring. We came across this rainforest on the side of the road. There were a ton of cars parked along the roadside so we figured we better go check it out. After hiking a short hike into the rainforest the trail opened up to a little snorkeling area. I thought it would be busy after all the cars we saw, but there weren't that many people in the water. It was an awesome find!
I think this picture is cool! We were on our way to dinner and I opened the window just to see if I could get a decent shot while the car was moving. Turns out... this is what I got!
And of course... The series of self portraits in the car!
We went to dinner in Lahina and ate a very yummy place called Kimo's. While waiting to be seated we got to take in this view. It was like Heaven. I have never seen prettier sunsets.
Before we left for Hawaii people at our wedding kept telling us that Hawaii was going to get a Hurricane. (That's just our luck) So... we ended up luckier than we thought! It turned into a tropical storm instead. One full day and all night it rained non stop. We got that cool picture of a rainbow and we went to an aquarium to start off the day.
Luckily they had some jelly fish to look at.. the next day, we saw one while snorkeling. I'm pretty glad it didn't come near me!

Since that day rained like crazy all day we decided we would go to the town I used to live in. I lived in Makawao. I remembered it so exact that Matt was surprised I remembered the street names and where the stores were from my house.

This was by the "Baldwin Ave" sign. That's the main road through Makawao with all of the shops on it. I kept telling Matt I remembered Baldwin Ave and soon enough we saw the street sign. I'm a nerd, but I had to have picture by it! :)


This was by the "Baldwin Ave" sign. That's the main road through Makawao with all of the shops on it. I kept telling Matt I remembered Baldwin Ave and soon enough we saw the street sign. I'm a nerd, but I had to have picture by it! :)
This isn't the greatest picture of me, but I was getting drenched and the wind was blowing. Lucky for us the rain was a warm misty rain.
Not all bad when you get pictures like this one though! The rainbows were everywhere that day! They were so pretty.
The weather did look up for us the following day. We played in the sand and snorkeled. We found a more private beach and loved it. This is where we saw the jelly fish.
This is the Westin Maui's pool area. This is the hotel we always went to when I lived there so I had to see it again. The waterslide I have many fond memories on! The Westin's pool area is so pretty. It is one of the coolest I've seen. There are waterfalls, swans, fish... etc all over the place.
This is the entrance of the hotel. The reservation desks are infront of us. As funny as it seems, I remember this place so well that I couldn't wait to go see it again.
Our view from the room the day we got up early to go to Hana. I LOVE this pic.

Our first stop on the road to Hana. This was Twin Falls.
Our first stop on the road to Hana. This was Twin Falls.
We were getting a little uptight after being in the car for 12 hours! Ok, not really we were messing around and ended up "acting tough". I think we're scary. ;)
This was our last dinner before we had to go home
We were so SO sad to leave! Until next time... (which I hope is sooner rather than later) we're off to normal married life! Thanks for all of you who read this entire thing! If you didn't read it and you just looked at pics... totally understandable!!!




10 comments:
The pictures are almost as beautiful as you! What a wonderful memory for the two of you. I am so happy that you could take Matt there. You look so happy.
It is a great start for two very special people.
I love you guys, tons & tons!!
Well.. I think I look pretty HUGE and HOMELY in a lot of them but thank you for always thinking I'm beautiful!! You are so sweet Mom. I'm so happy I got to take Matt there too. I hope someday you will get to come with me! We love YOU tons and tons!!!
OH my how fun...I cant believe you saw a jelly fish... Im glad you did not get stung you would of had to have matt pee on you... I love that you remember the road names... Sisss so you.. your wedding did rock, and Im glad your Honeymoon kicked Trash!! Love you! and YAY to "normal married life"!!
The pics look like postcards! I will make it there someday! You are beautiful as always! I'm so happy everything worked out perfect! You guys are awesome! Love ya hope to see you soon!
I love all the pics! You two look so happy and you look beautiful! Love the clothes! I want to go to hawaii so bad it looks beautiful! You look so tan!
Oh my! I loved all of your amazing pictures! It looks like you two had such a good time. What an amazing honeymoon for you two newlyweds! I am glad you got to go back! Love ya!
HOw fun you are such a beautiful couple! Looks like it was pure relaxation and fun
Looks like a lot of fun! I LOVE the wallpaper in the bathroom of your hotel!
It looks so fun and so gorgeous-as do you! I'm so jealous-let's all go next time!
K so i finally got to look at your blog:) Looks like you have had an amazing year if you look back at all your fun!!! Love ya lots
Post a Comment