WHAT A DAY! The kids decided to have a Mothers Day lunch.
They had it in my favorite place of the world. Zions National Park...It started out bad but it got better. We had lunch at the Grotto and then we hiked up the Narrows. I love that place. What was very cool for me, was remembering all the different places that I made a memory at. I played with the boys, took pictures and enjoyed the scenery.
The weather was perfect. There was small pieces of cotton, falling from the trees in the Grotto. It looked like snow. Beautiful! We found a large table under the trees and set up lunch. Hoagie sandwiches, provided by Jen & Justin. Potatoe salad by me and cookies by Trish & Matt.
The kids were great. the baby was such a good boy. He hardly made a peep the whole time we were there. We arrived about 2:PM. and stayed until about 8:30. He was a joy. Cole and Ryan were so full on energy. Cole wanted me to run everywhere with him. I ran as much as this ole girl could run and found myself loving every minute of it. Cole gave me goals at each turn, each hill and each person. He knew it was hard for me but kept giving me one more goal to meet.
We stopped by the river and took some fun pictures.
After our time by the river, we walked down the path. Justin was so strong. He carried the baby on his back, in this really neat carrier. The baby was unreal. He just watched the world round him. I have the best family. I love them so much!
Cole took this picture. I told him to take a picture of their butts walking away. He proceded to tell me that was not the right way to say it. It is their BACKSIDES. What a kid. He has the best sense of humor. He made me laugh, constantly.
As we walked up the path, Cole took a ton of pictures. He loved the river and took alot of those. He got pictures of the trees and the mountains, too. As we walked up the path, we found a critter, sitting on a rock, just waiting for a morsel of food.
He took food out of the kids and Jens hand. he was very aggressive with us. It was kind of scary that he was not even the slightest bit scared of us. I can see why the Park asked us not to feed them. If he was to bite one of us, who knows what could have happened.
When we got to the end of the trail, we took a breather. Some of us sitting, some drinking water and of course, me and the boys running up and down stairs and rocks and near the river. I felt if I didn't stay with them, they would fall in. They were having the time of their life and I was freaking out that they would fall in.
Amy & Gabe & the kids, couldn't make it. It seemed very weird not having them there. But they were in our thoughts, constantly. We couldn't help but wonder what Jaxson & Alexa would have thought. We love you and miss you!
PS. THE DATE IS NOT 01/01/2006. IT IS MOTHERS DAY, MAY 11, 2008




0 comments:
Post a Comment