This last weekend I went to Lake Powell... again! (I went 2 weeks prior to this) We had a blast! I went with Matt, his friends Sam and Kristi, Rob and Danell, and Sam's sister Misha and her boyfriend, Kelly. We had 3 nights and 4 days full of Sun, wakeboarding, tubing, more sun and numerous amphibian creatures at our campsite! Thursday night we went to Wahweap. Kelly's family has a houseboat there. We slept there our first night. We slept on the top. Looking at the stars was awesome! None of us knew how cold we were going to end up... in the middle of the night we woke up FREEZING! What seemed like minutes later Danell was waking us up to look at the sunrise, and get an early start on our LOOONG trip up the boat ramp back to the trucks. (little did she know it was much earlier than she had thought) We ate our breakfast at the trucks and boated our way into our campsite. When we got that put together, we ate lunch...here's the funny part... it was10:30 am Arizona time! (it was a good thing that to us, it was 11:30!) :) The guys didn't let Danell live it down the rest of the trip! They kept saying things like "since it's 3:30 in the morning we better get wakeboarding" and "because it's 8:00 AM we better get our lunch ready." Poor Danell... but it gave us a good laugh, and the longest day of our lives! Ha Ha
We had a really great time Kelly hooked two tubes to his boat, and that meant WAR amongst the riders!! I was the flagger, but it was quite entertaining watching the guys against the girls on the tubes. They would fight and kick until someone.. or everyone fell off, or they would jump on top of each other leaving one tube empty. Just cause the guys were bigger doesn't mean the girls didn't put up a good fight! They won a couple of rounds too!


So, the story continues... (Sorry, this might be a long post!) Anyways when we were done with the tubing wars we went back to camp and hung out. We had a good time under our shade tents! As I mentioned before the amphibans were numerous at our site! Every size of lizard ran through the campsite, along with frogs. One night Sam heard a rattling sound in the bush behind him.. sure enough it was a baby rattle snake. Him and Matt chopped the head off and burried the sick thing! To top it off, we were kind of in a private cove (very nice might I add) but the freakin frogs would seriously sound like they were screaming at night!! It was so hard to fall asleep too, but then in the mornings we would wake to the fish jumping and splashing in the water.. or the huge black birds squacking about! I really thought they were surrounding our tent one morning. Maybe they thought we were food! Lol.
These are just a few pics of Matt and I hanging out at our camp. The next day brought on more adventures of us Wakeboarding, and what they call the "Silver bullet." It was pretty awesome. Matt and Rob are so funny to watch do the silver bullet. Incase you don't know what this is it is when you hold the rope and get drug by the boat. However, there is a technique to this! Hold on, keep you body straight, and Hold your breath!!!! Here are some more pictures of that! Rob broke the rope though... kinda wierd considering Matt went first, and Rob is half his size!!
The top picture is Danell, the next picture is the best one yet... Matt (how cool is that shot?!) and then there is me, and Rob being the "silver bullet" bottom right.
Our Last day was Sunday. We spent the entire day site seeing. We camped in Padre Bay and we boated to Rainbow bridge. The boat ride was so nice. It was beautiful! The sky was so blue with a little bit of clouds, the rocks were red, and the water was bright blue! We hiked to Rainbow bridge and took a few pictures. (the water is so high it cut our hike in half!) There was a ranger there who showed us a dinosaur foot print in the rock. Who knew?! It was pretty cool. After that we explored some canyons and found a way cool one to each lunch in. We boated so far back in there it was crazy! We came to an overhang in the rock that was shaded. We anchored off and fixed our lunch. It was a great way to end the trip! Here are some pics of our awesome lunch spot and Rainbow bridge! Thanks everyone for another great trip, and fun memories!!




2 comments:
Oh my goodness girl!! I wish I looked like you!! You look so good!! You seem really happy! and it totaly looked like so much fun!!I hate water, I really cant siwm to well, so we dont really go very much, and it makes Skip sad, cause he loves it!! But it looks like you had a blast!! You and Matt are so cute, I hope that you guys are planning on Fight night at our house next month!!! Its going to be really fun!! And we would love for you to join us!! Plan on it!! LOve you Girl!!
Oh I love ya girl, you will need to come ride it with me!! and Susan, It was good to see ya, I wish we would have not been eating, so we could have chatted!! Love You Girls!!
Post a Comment