CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Viva Las Vegas... or something like that


This last weekend Matt and I headed to good 'ol Las Vegas for his Christmas party. Well this year it was called a Holiday party since it was in November instead of December. Ahern pays for everything and has a huge event. We get a hotel room at the Paris for two nights, free entertainment and WAY too much food! It is pretty fun. Last year was our first year going. For the entertainment last year we saw George Wallace the comedian, we also saw the Variety show that Planet Hollywood has. Ahern pays for them to come to us!!! Isn't that cool? Well this year we were told that our entertainment would be a talent show by the Ahern employees. We weren't too thrilled about that, but figured it would still be fun. Well, LUCKY us... they surprised us again with George Wallace.(Last year he was our favorite). We were so excited. Seriously, that guy is funny!! To top it off, we were two tables from the stage front and center.

Here is the Funny guy himself.

We met up with our friends Shaun and Mccall. Shaun works with Matt and Mccall has been my friend for a while. We set them up a few weeks ago and they hit it off, so we all hung out and had a good time.
Aren't they cute? :)

Anyways, later that night Mccall and Shaun went to the show O at Bellagio so Matt and I decided we would walk the strip and look for some ice cream. While walking the strip we saw many things.. Women wearing plastic looking dresses with zebra print high heels, Girls squeezing IN or falling OUT of something they call clothes, Many hand outs of naked women..(which by the way I grabbed one and chucked it back at the stupid guy) Seriously, get a real job! Oh that crap makes me mad. Sorry, back to my story.. Then we came to this statue... I couldn't post it.. I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but it was so funny. Lets just say they don't leave ANYTHING to the imagination. Only in Vegas! Well on our quest for ice cream we went into the forum shops at Caesars Palace. We come across this nice little place that was handing out samples of Gellato. It looks similar to ice cream but we were still not sure. So we tried the flavors, and decided to buy it. I was looking for the smallest size on their counter and the smallest one was a cone cup. I looked at the price and the sign says "Small $7.99" I thought to myself "gee, what a rip off, but it's Vegas so Oh well." We ordered up and got this awesome looking stuff with a wafer cookie, a chunk of chocolate, and half a snickers bar stuck in the top. I was thinking "thats spiffy." So we get to the register, the girl rings us up and the total comes up... $36.99. ( WHAT THE ????) is what went through our minds. Come to find out we had ordered the "mid size" not small. In fact, they didn't even have the small cups displayed. GO FIGURE! So we paid our price and I spent the rest of the time consoling Matt on his sticker shock. Ever spent $40.00 on an ice cream?? I didn't think so. :)

Walking the streets of Vegas... Interesting

Finding Delicious Ice Cream... Harder than we thought

Seeing Matt's face while paying $40 for icecream... Priceless!

We had a good time. Aside from our funny ice cream story I rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere with Mccall and Shaun. (Matt doesn't do heights) We all rode the roller coaster at New York New York and shopped our butts off, all while having a blast!
Thanks Ahern! Thanks Matt, and Thanks for playing Shaun and Mccall!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Trish! That trip looks so fun! I love Vegas, even if it is kind of perverted and disgusting. ha ha! What a fun "holiday party." :)

Jason & Karen said...

Hey you! Just found your blog! You look so stinkin gorgeous your hair is getting so long! How is Hurricane?? Hope your doing good! You guys look like you had lots of fun!!

Kristi said...

Oh BOOO next year take me with you!!! That sounded so fun and I love that you really paid $40.00 for ice cream!! Thats the best ever!! Im putting that in the Skiptionary! I love it!! Love you hope your ok! If I don't talk to you Happy Thanksgiving!! Love you and Your MOMMMA!!!

Susan said...

Trish,
You crack me up. Your perspective of things in your life, make me laugh, so hard. It thrills me that you have such a light harded attitude about the stuff that happens to you.
Your pictures are for freakin' beautiful. I really can't believe I created anything as gorgeous as you.
Can't wait to see you, for Thanksgiving. Love you Babe!!!

Steph and Hunter said...

What a fun trip to VEGAS! You remember our ride on the Big Shot? I almost died and you saved my LIFE! Good times...
Anyway, sounds like you had such a fun time at your party and with friends! I miss ya! We need to get together and play sometime!