Yes, It's true... It really happened!!!! Today was such a great day. Matt came down to Hurricane to see me and we didn't have anything planned so I asked him what we should do. He said "I don't know, we could go for a ride". I was in the other room at this point and I said "ok lets go to Zion". (Little did I know he wanted to go there all a long.) He told me later that when I said Zion he got so excited because I would have no idea. See... I'm REALLY good at guessing surprises or figuring things out before they happen. I always told Matt that if, and when he asked he better do it sneaky or else I'd figure it out. It worked out perfect because I thought going to Zion was "MY" idea. So, we went there and it was hailing really hard. It was so pretty though. We went last year at this time and saw the coolest waterfalls everywhere. I was hoping to see them again. We took our time and drove to all of the stops. We went to the Narrows and sat in the truck for a while. (It was hailing so hard) Finally it let up a bit and we decided to head back down the canyon. Well on the side of the road is a little trail with wooden stairs up to some waterfalls. (It is one of my favorite spots there) So Matt pulled off the road and we were going to get out. I kept telling him "come on, lets go" he wouldn't get out so I finally just got out myself. I had no idea that he was trying to get the ring out of his truck. He had it hidden where I wouldn't see it. :) Well I guess I rushed him enough cause he didn't bring it with him. He left it in the truck. We walked up the stairs and goofed off for quite some time with my camera trying to get the "best" photo.....
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I'm Engaged!!!!
Um.. Definately Not!
We left this spot and headed to Emerald Pools. When we got there I got out of the truck and Matt did too. (I guess he hurried and grabbed the box once I was out of the truck). He stuck it in his back pocket and walked beside me up the trail. Last year, the trail was icy and blocked off, but this year it was just muddy. We decided to go for it. All along I'm wearing my nice running shoes that I didn't want to ruin and Matt was in his nice pants and shoes. (he didn't want to let on that we were going there so he wore regular clothes) What a guy! Huh?! He knows I pay a lot of attention to detail so he thought about it. Anyways... Here is the pretty waterfalls at the lowest pool
We hiked to the middle pools and it was so cool to see the water pour over the cliff. I got some cool pictures...
I didn't know this... but in this little grove of trees Matt was debating if this was the spot. It wasn't, cause this isn't where it happened. :) As we were hiking, Matt stayed behind me. This didn't seem wierd to me cause that's how it always is. I had no idea that he had pulled out the ring and was trying to keep it concealed.
When we got to the upper pool, there was one other couple there but they left shortly after we got there. It was very cold cause the waterfall was blowing everywhere. I was trying to get the best picture and I kept getting colder and colder. I finally started back to the trail. Matt was standing at the base of the trail and when I got to him he said "come here". He was on the only flat rock there! Ironic as it is... This picture was taken just before it happened and the flat rock in the background by the tree is the spot it all took place!
When I went over to him he just hugged me. (He always does this when I'm cold) He's like a giant furnace always!! BUT... he never let go... he just kept hugging me. I thought to myself "hmmm, he's just being sweet cause we're the only ones here". Well then he said something to the effect of "Zion is one of your favorite places, isn't it?" I said "yes it is". All while we are still hugging.. I was looking up at the sky and watching the clouds fly by. Anyone who knows Matt knows he is a giant so it requires me to look up. :) I remember there being a tiny bit of blue sky. Then he said, "the rock formations are so cool". I said "Yeah!! They're Utah's ROCK STARS!" in the cheesiest voice. (I was mimicking the billboard at the south end of St. George) I still had no idea. I was just being silly. Well he kinda pulled away from me and looked at me and said... "well ya know, a good foundation starts with a rock" or something to that effect... I don't know exactly how it was said because as he was saying it, he opened his hand and my ring was in it. I was so shocked I just looked at it and said.. "YOU HAVE IT?!!!" I told him I thought I was gonna cry, but I didn't I just got teary eyed, and he knelt down on one knee and asked if I'd marry him. I said "OF COURSE!"
About a minute later we were looking at the ring and two guys came down the trail. They were asking us if the ring was a cracker box ring. I said I thought it was much better than that. They asked if we just got engaged and we said yes. They were such cool guys. The one said "well give me that camera!" "I've got to take a picture for you!" So here is the photo... moments after it happened

The day couldn't have turned out any better. It was simple and sweet. The best part of it all is that I was surprised. All I wanted was to be surprised if and when it ever happened. Matt did such a good job. He had so many ideas of how and when he was going to do it, but he knew if he put any little "extras" into it I would figure it out. I LOVED every minute of it, and I am so excited!!!!!
Thank you Matt for making that day so special!
And the future Carters...
Wedding Day Here we come!
Posted by Anonymous at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
OH JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Im so so excited!! Really I know I got that same story this morning, but the pictures just make it that much better!! Oh CONGRATS Mrs. Carter!! LOL IM SO SO Excited!!!
omg! omg! omg! Im just like Kristi even though you told me the story the pics just make it that much more real as if we were there with you. I am soooo excited for you guys Matt is a wonderful man and you deserve the best. HOLY ring that is absolutely perfect and it has Tricia written all over it. Congrats sis, I am so happy for you.
Yeah! I am so excited for you! married life is the BEST. Let me know when the wedding is.
Heather (houle) Beardall
TRISH!!! I am SO super excited for you!! Congrats! Keep us posted on all the details. You have a date yet?
What a gorgeous couple! I love you and you have made this mom a very happy person. We couldn't have asked for a better person to come into this crazy family of ours.
Hey Trisha, I found your blog from Chelsea's blog and I had to write and say "Congratulations!" That is so exciting! I miss you and your mom! You are so cute...please send me an invitation. Take care! and keep in touch! My blog is mandmeves.blogspot.com
Sorry, you are probably wondering who the heck is the Eves family? Its me, Melissa (Rasmussen) Eves!
I can't believe that I didn't hear this good news sooner! My family and I were actually talking about you and Matt probably getting engaged soon, What a fun day you guys had, your ring is gorgeous!! Congrats stinker!!! Yay!
OH MY GOODNESS! Congratulations girl! Now I'm all teary eyed after reading how it all happened and see the cute pictures. What a cute couple and what a gorgeous ring for a gorgeous girl! I;m so excited for you!
Iknow you've probably heard this a thousand times already but Congrats,congrats! And your ring the second prettiest ring ever- I seriously LOVE IT! What a sweet guy! Hope to see you soon!
PS. You should totally do your pictures at Zions- hello, perfect location!
Trish! Congrats! I am so excited for you and your ring is gorgeous! Send me your email so I can invite you to my blog! kristamae14@yahoo.com Congrats again!!
YAHOO! I was just waiting for this day to come for you! I am so excited for you two! I am also excited that we will finally be able to play again! YEAH! Anyway, you know I will help you with anything if you need it! I can't wait to see your ring in person! - Hopefully, this weekend! - Way to go Matt!!!
Oh my goodness Trish!! I havnt checked your blog lately and when I did I was blown away.. First off happy belated birthday and also Congrats on the engagement! I cried when I read your story! Matt is so sweet and your ring is very gorgeous!! Call me and give me more details.. I better get an invite! Love ya girl.. yay!!!
Tricia!! Im so excited for you! Im so happy you found my blog too! I will definatly e-mail you my address. You look so good and I miss you so much:) It looks like your doing good and that you got a great man! Congratulations:)
Post a Comment