I will try to make this short and sweet (probably not). It won't have pictures. But, as a mother, I have to say, today was a defining moment for me. I adore each of my children in ways that I will never be able to express.
Each of my children are 6 years apart, in age. Maybe this is why they have 3 distinct personalities. Each of them have 3 different life styles and 3 different views of life. None the less, I am so proud of each of them and love them tremendously.
But today, I saw my life pass so quickly, before my eyes, as I saw my baby girl come out of a dressing room, wearing a beautiful wedding dress. I guess she could have tried any of the dresses on the rack, and I would have felt the same way. But when she walked out, it took my breath away. The room and everyone in it ceased to exist, except for Trish. She wasn't my little baby anymore. She was a grown woman. A woman that was going to start her life with a wonderful man. She was going to share her dreams and wishes with this adorable guy. And give me more beautiful grandchildren.
I saw the most beautiful child a parent could have. She was stunning!! I am not sure if it was that moment I realized that my baby was grown up or the vision in front of me, but I was overcome with such a warm feeling, it brought me to tears.
Since Trish already has her dress, it was a surprise to her as to why I reacted more, this time, than I did when she tried the first dress on. The place, the setting, the day, may have made it so much better. I don't know....but it was life altering for me to see her that way.
Later, after spending some time together, we went to her apartment. She tried on HER dress, and again, I saw that beautiful young woman.
When we all see her, as she walks down the aisle, we will see an angel who is a wife, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin and friend, who has influenced our lives in ways we will forever remember. Tricia, I love you and I am so proud of you!
Matt, thank you so much for being brave enough to ask us for her hand in marriage. Thank you for wanting to be involved with her crazy family. But most of all, thank you for being a fanatastic man who will always take care of my baby girl.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
A VERY PROUD MOMMA
Posted by Susan at 8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh jeez SUSAN you had me in tears!!! I freaking love you two!!!!
Awww.. Thanks Mom! That was such a sweet post! I'm so SO happy I got to spend time with you yesterday. I'm still torn between the dresses, but I am glad you love them both. :) I love ya!
UH... did you have to make me CRY! T, you have an awesome mom, and Susan you have an awesome daughter! And you both will have a awesome Matt!!!!
WoW!! I am soooo happy for Trisha! It was sooo nice to see you susan. Me and Jason miss Cedar alot and it means alot to us to beable to come back and see the people we love! It was great to have seen you! Please keep in touch and check out our blog too. Here it is again...just incase you lost that paper www.frayerfamily.blogspot.com
Love you guys!
Jaimee Frayer
Hey guys i am so excited for trish and matt they are too cute! Susan I am so glad that you found me even though you like kyle bush I still think he is the devil ha ha!!! Keep in touch!
Love ya michelle
Post a Comment