This Memorial Day weekend was two things... FUN and HECTIC! It was such a great weekend and so nice to enjoy some sunshine FINALLY! We knew we were going to Powell at some point that weekend, but it was pretty much up in the air until last minute. So, we decided we would head to Powell Monday since the weather was looking better that day. Saturday the sun was shining and the weather turned out great that day too so instead of staying home we headed down to Sand Hollow. Yes, it was packed but not nearly as bad as we thought it might be. Here we are excited to have some sun, see the blue water, and ready for summer!
Matt didn't waste any time! How lucky am I? I have a husband who loves to bask in the sun just as much as me if not more!
Please excuse my scary face in this one! Just happy to be there!
Pretty crazy people were there that day. We practically felt like we were laying out with them. They came after us and planted it like 5 feet from us. They turned out to be quite the entertainment and not in a good way. A full on pregnant lady maybe like 8 months along chain smoking it up! Sad to say no one in her group looked down on it.. they asked for a light. Yes, real winners I tell ya! Made me so mad! Besides that the weather was great and the day couldn't have been better!
Next up, SUNDAY our 2nd lake day! Every year my Dad comes to Panguitch Lake from Vegas to ride ATVs and rent a cabin. Well this year my brother, his family and Matt and I headed up for the day to visit him while he was in town. Again, the weather turned out better than expected! We loaded the fourwheeler and headed up the mountain!

Our #1 ATV rider!

Of course we had to get the boys an icecream! I think it's tradition now. Every ATV ride includes one. ;) Cute little suckers aren't they? lol
and Finally... we saved the BEST lake for last of course! LAKE POWELL!!! 3rd day and our last day of the long weekend. We didn't scrimp that's for sure. It was our first trip of the year and hopefully not the last! Technically it was just to "test out the boat" for the year, but I'll consider that a "trip" for me! It was only a day trip which we get a lot of crap for driving all the way there and back in the same day, but it's only 3 hours and the lake is totally worth it!! Gorgeous views, never packed (even if it was a holiday), and no swimmers itch! Hooray!
Matt doing his usual goofing off. Good look for him eh? I beg to differ! He looks like an old man, but I won't say anything if you don't! ;)

Interesting.... still goofing off! He's so much fun! Never a dull moment with this one, but then again you all knew that!

Our lunch stop... Dangling Rope. Matt decided to feed the fish with Rob's only bag of chips... and Rob was NOT to happy about it. Count on Matt. LOL I'm sure Rob will get pay back somehow.

The day was gorgeous! I haven't had that good of a day on Powell for a long time. No wind, no clouds, hot, and only sunshine!! The water was like glass, even the channel was calm!

This trip was a little different than normal because it was just the three of us! Yep, I was the only girl and sort of felt like a third wheel, but I made the best of it and enjoyed soaking up the sun! Rob and Danell are who we always go with. They had a baby in February and decided it probably wasn't the safest for them to bring their baby. Danell stayed home with her. We missed Danell!! It really wasn't the same! We really appreciate Rob for taking us and Danell for being a good sport.
We followed a tour boat out of Rainbow Bridge and hit a few LARGE waves. When I say large I mean they pretty much stopped us in our tracks. LOL Rob swerved into them and over the bow they went! It was a wall of cold water! Here is Matt a little soaked.
I got my share of water too! Rob's acting like he didn't do anything.
The three of us after a perfect day on the lake!
Jumping for joy that we were at Powell!! My FAVORITE place! Yay Summer time!!
I'd say we were very productive this holiday weekend! It was great to get out and actually have good weather to do so! Bring on Summer! We're ready!




5 comments:
How fun! I want to go to the lake so bad! You two are so darling! Remember that every time I see you I want to get my boobs done!! HAHAHAHAHAH! Love Ya!
oh yes... me too Chels!! and I will take a side of trica's bod!! Babe you rock it!!! So gald you had such a good time at "3 Lakes in 3 Days"!
I'm glad you and Matt had a good weekend. You two work hard and deserve it. You look very happy and very relaxed. Good for you.
You are such sun worwhipper :)
Trish! I am in complete agreement with the top 2 comments! Ha ha! Anyway, I am glad you got some good weather to soak up the sun finally! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! And... NO SWIMMERS ITCH! Loved that part;)
Seriously girl I am going to blow up a picture of you and hang it on my ceiling so when I wake up I am motivated :)You look great, I love the lake and I am so glad the weather turned out nice for you guys.
Post a Comment