CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

A Few days in Paradise!



Yep, we did it again! We headed to the beach! Just a warning... this is the LONGEST post EVER! If you don't want to read it all I understand! This year for our 1 year anniversary we went back to Maui! We went there on our Honeymoon and loved every bit of it so,what better than to go back?! We finally saw someone famous too! While at the Maui Airport we saw Carlos Santana while getting our luggage! He was standing right next to Matt. It was so funny because as soon as people started noticing who he was it was a swarm of people to get an autograph. I actually felt bad for Matt cause he just wanted to get our luggage. They put 4 airlines' luggage on one thing! I couldn't even get a picture of him because of the swarm of people. LOL Oh well I guess. At least Matt got a good look at him. :)



This is the first beach we layed our eyes on once we got there. We stayed in Kihei and this beach was not too far from where our condo was.



This was infront of our condo. It's kinda hard to tell but the ocean is in the background. It was such a good view!






The second beach! Of course on the first day we had to explore as much as possible! We ended up at this beach just about every day. Kamaole Beach Park. Pretty nice I do say so myself!



My favorite picture of the whole trip. We were just goofing off with the camera and hoped for a good shot. I had no idea the flip flops were in the pic! They made it that much better!



I waited and waited for the sand beneath my toes. It was just as good as I had imagined.





We were still just hanging out by the beach waiting for the sun to set. This is another favorite. It was nice to just sit, do nothing and enjoy!


The view we were waiting for. It didn't disappoint!


The next day we headed back to the beach to play in the water and soak up the sun! This little guy and many many more were pretty fun to watch.


The best part of a vacation! Not a worry, stress, or care in the world.


We both played in the waves but this picture is right after I got slammed in the back by one. The picture doesn't even look like there could have been a big wave.... but trust me, there was!







That night we headed into Lahina to shop, wander around and find some stuff for us to do while on our trip. We decided to go to a Hawaiian show called Ulelana. It was AMAZING! The show was all done by singing, dancing and percussion on a large stage. They had cool costumes and props. The story was about Hawaii and how the islands became what they are today, from the tahitians crossing the ocean to modern day. It was awesome. This was us waiting for the show to start.


Afterwards we were starving! We ate at Kimos in Lahina and of course, we had to order THIS LARGE dessert for us to share. YUM!



The following day we got to go on a helicopter ride! While we were in Lahina the night before we went to an activities booth. They get you good deals on things like this... Just one thing, you have to do a timeshare presentation. Since helicopter rides are usually around $500 for 2 people we thought there was no way we would get to ever do it. BUT... we got it for almost nothing! Seriously people, if you go to Hawaii suffer through a timeshare thing to get this! It was one of the neatest experiences of my life so far! Here we are heading over!


I asked Matt if he was nervous since he is afraid of heights... this was his reaction. I'm guessing the nerves haven't hit him yet ;) Nice life saving device eh? Lets hope those things really work!


Our first view of waterfalls! AMAZING!

















Did I mention we got the best seats in the helicopter?! Up front, and I was right next to the pilot! That kind of thing just doesn't happen to us! This picture our pilot took for us! He started his "knee steering". Matt was a tad worried. LOL Oh, and I think he got over his "afraid of heights" problem when he got put next to the door with all the windows and the window by his feet.















Having so much fun! our cheeks hurt from smiling so much! Not to mention our pilot was so funny!





We had the best time!


Afterwards I got some Coconut gelato. YUM! It melted so fast Matt had to help eat it. He was glad it didn't cost $40 either... like our last gelato experience! ;)

Still smiling we headed to Wailea for some shopping and dinner.

Hahaha oh Matt





I'm just saying...if this was something I owned I wouldn't have come back. ;)

We hung out behind this house on the beach until sunset. Again, it was beautiful!








Isn't he cute?

I read it and said "aww" this was my expression. LOL


Of course a gorgeous sunset! Probably one of my favorite sunset pics.








Our fish faces. Cute eh?







The following day we went to Napili. We came to this golf course and decided to take a walk. It was so so pretty! The sun was about to set and it was a little rainy. We walked over to the edge and Matt saw a turtle swimming down below!

The water was so clear and the houses were rediculously huge! Can you even imagine living in one of those?!




My camera is not making these pictures more orange! This is how bright it really was!





This picture shows how clear the water was.


Beautiful sunset, gorgeous golf course, amazing water, another great day!

The next day we decided we needed some more beach time so first things first! You can't come to Hawaii and not get shaved ice! Can you guess our flavors??

The day was a pretty windy day so we opted to lay on the grassy part of the beach instead of getting sand blasted. The only problem? The sticker patch we laid our towels on. Oops!


Matt was convinced I needed this hat so I could be a "true tourist". Yeah, nice try Matt, but HELL no! :)

Getting ready to head out for some dinner! We went to the best place called "Freds"! It was mexican food with a little California style.

Who knew that my food could match my outfit?!

Matt's HUGE burrito! He didn't even come close to finishing it.

Out on the beach...

goofing off

and smelling the most discusting, strong smell of fish! SICK!

I was running "baywatch" style but apparantly the camera sucks at "motion" shots. LOL

The next day we decided to go to a calm bay that we had gone to last year to do some snorkeling!

This is the "private drive" you walk down to get to the spot. I guess it is someone's privately owned property and they live there, but they allow people to come snorkel there. It is pretty cool. Its a rocky beach area and the coral reef there is amazing! We saw so many fish and all other kinds of things.
And then we headed back to do what we were really good at.. being beach bums!

The day was pretty funny... when we started out snorkeling the sun was shining on us. By the time we were done it was cloudy so we headed back south to our regular beach area. It was super sunny.... for only a little while. So after about 30 minutes we packed up our stuff and drove to where we could see the sunshine. I think we hit up about 4 different beaches that day. This day of our vacation became the day of our trip known as the "sun chaser" day. This picture was actually taken at the exact time our wedding ceremony started last year! Cheesy? Yes, but I don't care! It was kinda cool to think about!

We finally resorted to a "shoreline access trail" that took us behind some pretty nifty beach houses. Good view, no beach- literally just "shoreline". We made due and may have laid out on the beach house property. No harm done we were just on the grass! It was pretty funny though. Ya do what you have to do when its the second to last day of your vaca and mother nature has a mind of her own!




Happy Anniversary to us!


We went to dinner at some WAY over priced Italian Restaurant. It was good, but not worth the bill!

Us after seeing the bill.

Good thing it was our anniversary and we didn't care! We got over it pretty fast. ;)
Part of the reason we'd go to the beach every night was because it's a whole different experience! There were a few people with flash lights looking for crabs and one of the crabs they found was HUGE! So... we decided to look for crabs too. It was pretty cool. The minute you'd get close to them with the light they'd run so fast! The huge one ran straight into the water. This pic is just me looking for crabs.




LOL Matt being Matt!








Our final day in Paradise! We had the entire day there since our flight didn't leave until 10:30PM that night. We had to be out of our condo by 11AM which sucked. So we spent most of the day at the beach and pool area. The pool area at least had a shower and bathrooms for us to get ready in!

Showered and ready to chill out before our flights home.

We went back to Fred's for lunch. I'm telling you they had the best food and the best diet coke I could find!

If you watch Holly's World on E! Then you know about Angel, her assistant getting a few additions from Holly for her birthday. Well, while in the doctors office she says she is a "stage 3 drooper". LOL Um... we found a stage 5 drooper! Mean I know, I'm sorry. :)

More goofing off... trying to pretend we're all excited, but really we didn't want to go home.


We ended up at the same exact beach we started at! It is so cool there. The rocks are black as can be and there are little crabs and fish everywhere. Some of the rocks you can see how it used to be lava. They are hardened just like it was when it was flowing down.

Our final hour in Paradise! :'(

We saw 3 or 4 HUGE turtles just off the rocks. We were trying to get the perfect picture of them, but everytime the water would crash against the rocks it would suck them back out. This picture was the best I could do.




On our way to the airport I needed to rearrange our luggage a bit. This is what happens when your husband sneeks the camera. Lol

and this. LOL

SUPER SAD!

and faking happy. :)
Sorry for such an incredibly long post! I didn't want to leave anything out! There is something about the ocean and flying that makes you feel like a tiny dot in this world. It was another great trip with Matt. I'm not going to be too mushy but he is the NICEST man I have ever met. He is my best friend and treats me better than anyone ever has. I cannot thank him enough for the life he gives me and the example he is for me! 1 year down MANY to go! I am blessed. My life is wonderful!

7 comments:

Susan said...

I love the memories!!!
You made me cry when I read what you said about Matt.
It always goes back to Mamas Song.
Love you sweet girl :)

Kristi said...

Sus I did too... Sooo sweet!! Love those crazy kids!!! I really wish I would have been able to get out of your carry on more!! Jeez!! LOL

So glad you got to go to such an amazing place and spend your 1st of many wonderful Anniversaries!! Love you GIrL!!!

Amberley said...

I loved your post, all the pictures and details, felt like I was there. So glad you guys had a good anniversary, sounds like it could not have been more perfect!

Laura Castillo said...

I loved it! The pictures are beautiful! I really hope I make it there someday!

Megan said...

Love the long post, love the pictures! Next year, count us in!!! Glad you guys have had so many fun adventures this summer but now it's time to stay home and come hang out with us!

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys are lucky i totally wanna go there some day you look so happy keep it up your a very cute couple congrats and happy anniversary:)

Steph and Hunter said...

I always LOVE your posts! You two are hilarious with your pictures and facial expressions! Makes me laugh every time! I am so glad you had such a fun trip and a FABULOUS anniversary!