I'm finally blogging! Life has been busy as usual and pretty fun too! It's amazing to me how life is constantly changing, yet staying the same! How does that happen?! We've had a few changes around our house, but mostly it's all the same. For those of you who don't know Matt got a new job! He got offered a job with more Pro's than Con's, and we're both pretty happy about it! So far he is enjoying the change. He also got a new truck! He's wanted a bigger truck for as long as I've known him and he finally got it! He is definately deserving of his new toy! Now just for some new rims and tires and he'll be set! As for me not much is different. I still commute to St. George for work (not fun) but it IS a job. :) I have been observing at a dental office in Cedar and I LOVE IT! I wondered how I'd handle the teeth/mouth situation, but it's so interesting to me! Not to mention the girls that work there are SO FUN! They are the cutest girls and treat me like I've been there all along! So here is some pictures of all our Fall Happenings!
--------Some LaBoR DaY Camping with the fam--------
My mom with some pretty cute grandkids at the top looking out at Delano on Beaver Mountain.

Matt you just take care of the wood... we'll sit here and relax! LOL Just kidding it's not really like that, but with that much wood in one trip who needs to help? I think he's got it covered!
The Chesnik Crew
I was SOOOOOO excited my Mom finally got a few days off to RELAX! She is constantly working and this was a fun little outing with our family for a few days. I love when she gets to do fun stuff!

Love this little guy! His personality is so dang funny! He's acting shy in this picture but he's totally NOT shy! He can put a smile on anyone's face on any kind of day!

One of the FEW pictures I got of Matt smiling normal! He always tries to ruin the pictures, but when he does we just make him stand there longer to take more and more pictures until it looks right. I think he gives up and just gives in. haha
The second day of camping we went on a long fourwheeler ride to Marysvale. We did this last year too. I think it may become tradition. We rode over the top of Big Johns Flat and down into the little town. This time we drove a little further up Highway 89 and hit up Hoovers restaurant! It is SOOOO yummy! The look of the restaurant looks kinda old and weird to just see off the Highway between tiny towns, but it is such a good place! It was just what we needed after a dusty ride.
Me and my Madre on one of our MANY rides. Love that girl and this is HER new toy!! Her and Bob finally caved and bought them something just for FUN! Can you believe it? I know, we couldn't either. ;) lol
The boys having some "DA" time. (Da is what they call my mom. It started when Cole was little and has carried out through the rest of them.) I think Da is fitting. She's such a fun Grandma to these boys when she gets the time to spend with them. They adore her and you can tell.
Getting ready for some more rides!!
We had such a great time Camping and I CAN'T wait for next year!!!
--------A few QuIcKy trips-------
We headed down to the good ol Las Vegas with Matt's Brother Luke and his wife Mandy. It was a quick trip but very fun! I didn't get a lot of pictures which I am bummed about because we haven't ever gone on any kind of trip with those two! They are hilarious!!! They needed a mini getaway so this turned out perfect! We ate at yummy places, shopped and enjoyed!
--------CaBiN GeTaWaY--------
We ventured off to the cabin since we haven't spent much time there this year. What better time to go than fall?! The leaves were so pretty! Everywhere we looked they were so bright!
We took the fourwheeler down off Strawberry Point. We've been down there a bazillion times, but this time we just decided to keep driving as far as we could. We came across this buck. So, Matt says deer are dumb animals and I believe him! This buck was seriously this close to us! No real zooming needed! The funny thing was, it only ran away for a second, but not far. Then it just sat and watched us. I'm guessing we just aren't scary. ;)
After riding over to Hog's Heaven (I think that's what it is called) and onto some other dirt rode we've been on a billion times we decided to just keep driving farther and farther than we ever did before! It was SO beautiful!! I'm so happy we did that. We drove so far that the scenery kinda changed, there were more animals, different trees, different mountain ranges....just very cool. So the road led us up onto a steep knoll. This was the view.

You could see forever all the way around us!
When we got back to the cabin and after we ate dinner we went for an evening ride. A few years back (obviously 5 according to the pic) we carved our name in this tree! We just happened to stop around the same little pond and I turned around and there was our tree!! We added the "10" to the tree so we would know it was 2010 when we came back. It was pretty fun! I had to stand in the tree to be tall enough for this picture. haha
I know.. we're nerds! haha we drove through Duck Creek and got us some hot chocolate while we looked at all the amazing cabins. It was FREEZING that evening. We about froze our butts off before we got back to the cabin! This was on our way back not acting cold at all. Lol

Warm and toasty!
--------MoRe MoUnTaInS-------
On another weekend we decided to go up and do some small hikes on Cedar Mountain. When I say small I mean shorter hikes that wouldn't take the whole day. Well.... LOL we did the Bristlecone trail just off of Highway 14. We decided to take the trail since we pass it all the time and have never walked it. This was pretty funny... the "hike" lasted all but 5 minutes. hahaha I'd say it was more of a "view point" than "trail head" BUT now we know, and we still had fun!
Then we did Cascade Falls by Navajo Lake. Neither of us had been on it since the trail had been fixed. It was MUCH nicer and the water was running out like crazy!! It was so pretty.

-------------BoB's B-dAy RiDe------------
I know, I know we ride A LOT! It's easy to do, practically free, and pretty entertaining! Especially when you go with two funny parents! This was up Schurtz Canyon (not sure on spelling that) Matt and I have never rode up this canyon before. It was AMAZING! There are really only a few roads you can take and both ultimately lead you to private property (we found out the funny way) ;) but it was totally worth the trip! Happy 6_TH Bob!!

We rode all afternoon. It tried raining on us a few times, but never did. We ended up riding up this road and we ended up on someones property! We did see gates but weren't too worried. The funny/scary thing was that they were at their cabin!!! We turned around pretty fast. haha Our ride down the mountain was much faster than it was going up. ;)
Of course we snuck in another quick Shopping trip
--------HaLlOwEeN & StUcKeR ThAn StUcK--------
For Halloween Matt was.....

I didn't think it would take too much explaining. I'm a little worried how well he pulls the look off! I told him never to lose his job. :)
We had way short notice for his Brother's party. So this was my best attempt at a cowgirl.
On our way with our cheesy smiles! The party was a blast!! I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt all night.
Now here's a story for you..... the "Stucker than stuck" part. Last Sunday we went for a "leisurely" drive. Of course we went up the mountain. We saw some snow up there and wanted to see how much. So we drove onto a dirt road into Deer Haven (In the new truck and NON appropriate mountain junk clothes) we drive through some snow and in the middle of the road are some logs. The snow was just a sciff mostly in patches and mainly on the road. So, we decided to go around. We had to drive into the meadow to get around the trees. Well, the weeds and ground looked dry and we were doing fine until..... we sank. Yep, we sank. Haha.
It was a mucky muddy mess! Not everywhere mind you just where we happened to be. Lucky us I know. We have been stuck more times than I can count. Aren't we adventurous? Lol We have ALWAYS got ourselves un-stuck in mud and snow you name it we should really be pros at it, but this time was different. We tried and tried with the fourwheel drive and everyother maneuver we could think of until finally....

HAHAHAHAHAHA! We walked almost 2 miles out from the dirt road and onto the main highway. Since Matt knows just about everyone in Cedar we knew we were sure to find someone to come help us. Not ONE person was on the same dirt road as us. We really DID NOT hitch hike I just thought this picture was funny. Matt's buddies ended up passing us and helped us get UN-STUCK! Hooray for them! They saved our Sunday and our Truck and my feet in flip flops and the possibility for us walking another 5 miles til my phone got service. Haha
Look at our "discouraged" faces. Seriously, we laughed about it and ended up getting help minutes later.
So... Ta ta for now! Falling leaves, fourwheeler rides, and stuckness- Trish
8 comments:
As always, Sis, life with you is an adventure in itself. You and Matt are adorable. I am so glad you get to spend the quality time, you do, with each other. I ALWAYS love any time we get to spend with you. It seems like they are few and far between each one. But you make the best of what time, you get.
Love you tons :)
Awwwww I love it!!! Love all the beautiful fall pics. I miss the hiking I'm so jealous! You guys always have so much fun, miss ya and love your guts!!
You guys are seriously so cute and have the cutest relationship! Every time I look at your pictures I miss you!! You are so darling! Love you!
You two crack me up! How dang cute are all your pictures and what fun adventures you have! Tell your cute momma hi for me!
I freakin love you your the cutest ever! Looks like you had some fun times and adventurous too!!
I love that you do super long posts too! lol! You guys have so much fun are so dang cute. I love all you hats I need some info where you get such freakin cute ones mine are all so plain. Also thanks for all the information this week, I will try not to flood you with too many more questions :)
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I'm jealous! :-) I'm so glad that you and your mom are still able to do stuff together and enjoy yourselves! You both deserve it!!
I love this post! Super cute! I love all of your stories! So fun!
Post a Comment