Oh the nursery....Once you see how long this post is you'll understand what I mean by "work". Anyone who has been in our home knows we have had to gut each and every room to make it a nicer place to live. Since money does NOT grow on trees and many life changes have happened in the last few years our whole house has become a "work in progress." It has been a slow change as we can afford little by little, but with our Krew man making his debut very soon we had no choice but to get this room in tip top shape! So here is the beauty before....
This hideous orange I couldn't take anymore...the old dingy baseboard had to go, not to mention the walls are Lath and Plaster (lovely OLD homes) so it HAD to be textured as well.
Matt just patching where a window used to be (Our garage is on the other side of that wall now). Hideous Orange I tell ya. ;)
More patching holes..Notice the ugly ceiling fan blade??? If ya didn't you did now! :)
This room became my "walk in closet" for the last 3 years. All of those patches are where we had floor to ceiling shelves full of storage for my closet of clothes I never wear. Go figure! Ha...we had some serious D.I. trips after this remodel!
I know this picture isn't significant, but this is the inside of the closet before we did anything to it. I'm telling you this closet was trashed! We didn't even have anything stored in there!
Our stairs to the basement are on the bottom of this closet so instead of having a weird slant, I made Matt make me some shelves so we can store more shoes baby clothes there! :)
See, already better huh?!
Getting rid of the boring, no textured look. :)
And..again, because money doesn't grow on trees, and finding the perfect changing table with enough drawer space was impossible we opted to makeover these beauties! We scored them from Abbey Inn during their remodel. We took the granite tops off and saved one for our bathroom counter in our basement! Scored a 2 for 1 right there! :) Matt built them together, replaced the top, and added legs!
During the measurement process...
After it was built together as one unit...this baby is HUGE and will take up one whole wall, BUT we very much need the storage space so I'm excited about it, and it isn't finished yet!
This is after it had been primed. We still have to paint it, and the fronts of the dressers are going to have some added detail thanks to paintable wallpaper, and painted a charcoal grey with clear handles! It will be cute I promise...and I will post when we get it more complete!
Doing my part at painting the walls. Nice mask huh?! My kiddo wasn't going to get any fumes if I had anything to do with it!
Notice the closet?? The walls? The trim?? This is Matt installing the carpet..YAY!
This was the day before Mother's Day and Matt couldn't have treated me better. He worked the entire weekend to get this room painted, trimmed, carpeted, and complete. Love that guy!
YAY! Carpet!!!
Out with the ghetto, old ceiling fan...In with the modern pendant light!
And finally...the crib bedding that has no crib to go in! Haha! Seriously though...we don't have the crib yet. Sad I know. We do have a pack n play just in case we don't get the crib in time, but since we had to do an entire remodel the budget is getting MUCH tighter. I still have big BIG plans for the walls and the extra decor but this is just the beginning of the remodel. I'll be posting more of course! Sorry I missed my belly shot of "33 weeks" We had a crazy week and I had no time to get it done..BUT this week there WILL be a "34 week" bump pic. :) I thought I'd just do this post to give ya somethin to read. Sorry it's a novel!! If you made it all the way to the end of this post....You rock!! Yay for babies, nurseries, and remodels! Loves- from Me and Krew!




4 comments:
Oh my gosh I can not wait to see it in person it looks so different!! Love love love his bedding Soo cute super excited bout that too! I can't wait for your shower its gonna get you even more excited to meet little Krew!!! Amazing work guys!
Lookin' good, Babe. Its hard work but so worth it. I love the smell of new paint and carpet. When Krew moves in it will smell like him......oooooh I can't wait. It will be hard not to eat him up. Hahahaha!
Love you Sis!
WOW! You guys are incredible! I seriously need to hire you to come and do my whole house. I love the mask, you're already an awesome mom watching out for baby Krew. Can't wait to see 34 bump.
Everything looks so cute!! You lucky girl=)
Post a Comment