CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy,busy..FUN week and Happy Birthday too!!

Hey Everyone! So I'm trying to be better about updating this blog. This last week has been quite eventful so we'll see if I can fit it all in. A week ago Sunday, Matt and I took an afternoon trip down to Red Cliffs. It was pretty fun since we never go there, and neither of us have been there for years! Then, This past weekend we went on an overnight camping trip to Zion. We ended up camping by the river about 15 minutes outside the main entrance of Zion. Lets just say it was a place to sleep cause other than that... it was NOT the greatest campsite. I wont complain though... it was free! :) I always love a good deal. On Saturday we got up and headed into the park. OH MY WORD.... I think ALL of God's countries were there and I mean ALL!!! I go to Zion quite often, and at all times of the year and this was the most annoying, uncomfortable, stinky (yes, I mean smell) frustrating trip I've ever had! I'm not complaining so don't get me wrong cause Matt and I had a good time hiking the Narrows, but holy crap why don't foreign countries sell deoderant???? I was amazed when Matt and I hopped on the shuttle and were overpowered by the smell of B.O!!!! It was so bad I'm not kidding we were gagging! After a minute of holding our noses we opted out of that shuttle!! We waited for the next one in hopes of less smelly foreign people. So.. of course being Matt and Trish and having NO luck at all we got a group of foreign teenagers!!! "Oh Gee, this is spectacular" I thought to myself. "Not only are they gonna smell FABULOUS they are going to be obnoxious." Well thankfully they got on the front shuttle and we were in the trailer! "Whew" I thought. Well, I thought too soon....Way too soon. As we hit each pick up more and more people would Jam themselves into the shuttle. "Did they miss the memo that shuttles come EVERY 6 minutes???" I said to Matt. Aparently they did miss the memo cause everyone was shoulder to shoulder front to back. Seriously if someone needed to get off and they were sitting in the back, NO ONE would have been able to! So, knowing mine and Matt's luck I kept hoping they would all get off at the Grotto, where Angels Landing is. Nope! A majority got off at the Narrows where we would be spending our day. I was thinking..."Woo Hoo! Can't wait to hike with these people I have just become so physically aquainted with, not by my will!" I'm sorry if this sounds like a big complaint to everyone, cause it's really not! I had a good time once we started hiking. Neither Matt, or I have ever hiked up in the water. It was so pretty up there and very cool!!! The water was cold, but once we were used to it, it was perfect! So enough of me blabbing here are some cool pics!



It was a lot of fun hiking the Narrows. It was only a day hike, not a backpacking hike, but it was well worth it. I have officially hiked every hike in Zion, except for the backpacking ones! On Sunday I decided to surprise my mom with dinner and a birthday cake. Her birthday is actually today (16th) but Sundays are easier to get the Fam together. We missed Amy and Gabe!! I fixed Lasagna and baked her a chocolate cake. I baked the cake at Matt's house so she wouldn't know something was up, and then I told her I wanted to fix her and Bob dinner. It worked perfectly! She had no idea anyone was coming until there was a little knock on the door, and my nephews came in! It was a yummy dinner and the best cake ever! I'm not trying to brag, but I did good! :) Here are some pics of the fun night.
Cute Quinn, smiling everytime I put the camera in his face and Jen smiling too! :)
The Yummy cake

Mom, Cole, Ryan, and Matt cheesin it.

Looks like Quinn figured something else out! Sorry I had to post this, I thought it was so funny.
I think that about does it for this post. I just want to tell Mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love her so much and she deserves the world. I hope that everything she hopes to have in her life she gets. Honestly, I can't even express what type of person she is. I know I have mentioned a few things in other posts, but no words can express it exactly. If you know her, you know what I mean. Mom, You are the best!! I love you so much!

2 comments:

Steph and Hunter said...

Trish! What a fun weekend! We went on the Subway hike a few months ago and I think the Narrows is the second part of that hike. So pretty and a lot of fun!

I am also impressed with your mom's birthday surprise! You two have the cutest relationship! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SUSAN!

Susan said...

My birthday lasted a few days, starting Sunday. My family and coworkers and friends made it the best. Thank you so much for helping me feel loved and cared about. Trish, You will never knowhow much I love you! I appreciate EVERYTHING you do for me. You are my treasure. Amy, I know we can't see each other but in my heart I know you love me and miss me. I love that you always try to stay in my life anyway you can. These blogs, pictures, texting, whatever it is, I know you are there. Justin you are my pride and joy. I love everything about you. Thank you for being my perfect son!
To all of you that have been apart of my life and my kids lives, I love you and thank you for being there!
Thanks again for a great Birthday. I am blessed