CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 19, 2009

My Blessings

Tricia bought me a Cricut, for Christmas, a few years ago. I have been using it for some of my scrapbooks, my wood crafts and other projects. It is a blast, to work with! Kristi (she doesn't know this, yet) has inspired me to do more with it. After reading her blog about her "project" I decided to be more creative. I racked my brain. I searched the internet. I listened to what other people have done and decided on a special project.
It took me all dang day, to come up with the perfect saying. Then I found that perfect one. The one that said it all. I started the process of cutting the letters out. I practiced a bit, on regular paper. Vinyl lettering is very expensive.
Of course, my way isn't as cool as the sayings you can buy at the stores, or order on line, because the letters are not all on one sheet.It is time consuming,to make each individual letter,tape it to the right spot on the wall and keeping the lines straight.
Bob let me use his lazer light (very cool tool, by the way)to make the lines straight.
I thought I found the perfect place....But when I got all the letters on the wall, I found they were crammed to tight in a little space. By this time, I was getting frustrated. (Yeah, Kristi, I got your look several times that afternoon :)
But lo and behold, my hero showed up, just in time, to help me.



MY HERO....Thanks Matt


He's doing so good


The finish project!

Isn't it the coolest thing? It says exactly how I feel. My Family, those I care about, and my home are my blessings.


Tricia had the right idea. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... I'm not your hero?? From what I can remember I showed up before Matt. I think I placed like 4 letters up there. :)Just teasin. I know how hard he worked for you. He did the whole rest of it, and I know he enjoyed it. He loves doing stuff for you. I'm glad you enjoy using your cricit. I knew you would. Us kids are blessed to have you in our lives.

Susan said...

Sis, You always make me laugh. Of course you are my hero!!! I needed you there to give me your expertise. He was the only one that had the patience, that night to finish it.
In fact I added your picture because you said it best, for the both of us.
Love you, sweety. :)

The Painters said...

Nice job to all!

Anonymous said...

Trish..Miss you miss you miss you!! I love that saying on the wall.. So beautiful! Hope all is well. And I so miss the great nails:( Sad day! Muuahh! Love ya!